Adventure question

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, for example I'm casting the Granted side of Fae of Wishes. Can the opponent use spell pierce to counter ""granted"?

Accepted Answer

by WiseWarriorQc » 4 years ago
Yes. When cast, Granted becomes an actual sorcery spell on the stack, which can be countered by Spell Pierce. Even if that spell is represented by the Fae of Wishes card, on the stack, the creature characteristics don't exist, it is only Granted. If it is countered, the Fae of Wishes card goes to its owner's graveyard. An adventurer card is exiled and allows you to cast the creature from exile only if the adventure gets to resolve.
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WiseWarriorQc
Answers: 13
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WiseWarriorQc » 4 years ago

Yes. When cast, Granted becomes an actual sorcery spell on the stack, which can be countered by Spell Pierce. Even if that spell is represented by the Fae of Wishes card, on the stack, the creature characteristics don't exist, it is only Granted. If it is countered, the Fae of Wishes card goes to its owner's graveyard. An adventurer card is exiled and allows you to cast the creature from exile only if the adventure gets to resolve.
I'm a former judge (lapsed), who keeps up to date on rules and policy. Keep in mind that judges' answers aren't necessarily more valid than those of people who aren't judges; what matters is we can quote the rules to back up our answers. When in doubt, ask for such quotes.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

oh, I see. Thanks for the clarification on that. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”