Light Up the Stage and Delve costs

Catparty
The Black Swan of Traspass
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Catparty » 4 years ago

If I exile Treasure Cruise off a cast Light up the stage, can I still use delve to cast Cruise in exile?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
Yes. Delve doesn't specify what zone you must cast the card from to pay for generic mana with exiling cards in the 'yard, and Light Up the Stage simply says "you may play" - in the case of spells that means "cast". Therefore you can cast the exiled cards for any alternate or additional costs.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Yes. Delve doesn't specify what zone you must cast the card from to pay for generic mana with exiling cards in the 'yard, and Light Up the Stage simply says "you may play" - in the case of spells that means "cast". Therefore you can cast the exiled cards for any alternate or additional costs.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”