Cataclysmic Gearhulk questions

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, when I cast a Cataclysmic Gearhulk. Can I choose the gearhulk as the "artifact", and another creature as the "creature". So that I have two creatures left on the field? And who chooses permanents first, me or the opponent?

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 4 years ago
Yep, you can do that. If any permanent has more than one type, you get to choose which type you are choosing it for the Gearhulk's ability. In this way you could end up with 3 creatures if you wanted: an artifact creature, enchantment creature, and "normal" creature.

And the Active Player chooses their permanents first followed by each player in turn order. Then all are sacrificed at the same time.
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Yep, you can do that. If any permanent has more than one type, you get to choose which type you are choosing it for the Gearhulk's ability. In this way you could end up with 3 creatures if you wanted: an artifact creature, enchantment creature, and "normal" creature.

And the Active Player chooses their permanents first followed by each player in turn order. Then all are sacrificed at the same time.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

very helpful answer. Thanks a lot. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”