multiple control turns vs extra turns

Lucifer, Sapere Aude
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by Lucifer, Sapere Aude » 4 years ago

Let's say I somehow I cast and copy Worst Fears against the same player. Let's say that when I mindslave the player, I cast an extra turn spell from his hand. Do I control his next turn too, or multiple mindslave effects on the same turn against the same player does effectively nothing, are not cumulative in any way?

Accepted Answer

by WizardMN » 4 years ago
Any control change effects regarding controlling a player will apply to the turn the say they do. If you cast and copy Worst Fears, those effects apply to the same turn. They do not stack; they overwrite one another. The same with Mindslaver. If you Mindslaver them prior to them taking the turn you are going to control with Worst Fears, Mindslaver will overwrite the Worst Fears control effect.

715.1a. Multiple player-controlling effects that affect the same player overwrite each other. The last one to be created is the one that works.
Go to full post

WizardMN
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by WizardMN » 4 years ago

Any control change effects regarding controlling a player will apply to the turn the say they do. If you cast and copy Worst Fears, those effects apply to the same turn. They do not stack; they overwrite one another. The same with Mindslaver. If you Mindslaver them prior to them taking the turn you are going to control with Worst Fears, Mindslaver will overwrite the Worst Fears control effect.

715.1a. Multiple player-controlling effects that affect the same player overwrite each other. The last one to be created is the one that works.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”