Lifecrafter's Bestiary questions

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Hi, a few questions about lifecrafter's bestiary.

1. Have two bestiary in play. Do I scry 1 twice on my upkeep?
2. If opponent has a collector ouphe or karn, the great creator. I can still scry with the bestiary?
3. Can the opponent stop the scry 1 from happening by using abrade on the bestiary during my upkeep?

Accepted Answer

by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago
I can answer this.

1. Yes. At the beggining of your upkeep both of your Lifecrafter's Bestiary will trigger to scry 1. You can stack these how you like (amongst other upkeep triggers) but they occur as 2 seperate instances of scry 1.

2. yes as the both of Lifecrafter's Bestiary abilities are triggered (see under Strionic Resonator) not activated so they are not stopped by Collector Ouphe

3. No. Once your upkeep begins the ability is placed on the stack. It is awaiting to resolve and still gets a chance to resolve even if the artifact is destroyed before its ability resolves.
Spam warning: Unsure responses to the questions don't help the original poster
Kahedron
Go to full post
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Serpent_Steve
King of the Elementals!
Answers: 1
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Serpent_Steve » 4 years ago

I can answer this.

1. Yes. At the beggining of your upkeep both of your Lifecrafter's Bestiary will trigger to scry 1. You can stack these how you like (amongst other upkeep triggers) but they occur as 2 seperate instances of scry 1.

2. yes as the both of Lifecrafter's Bestiary abilities are triggered (see under Strionic Resonator) not activated so they are not stopped by Collector Ouphe

3. No. Once your upkeep begins the ability is placed on the stack. It is awaiting to resolve and still gets a chance to resolve even if the artifact is destroyed before its ability resolves.
Spam warning: Unsure responses to the questions don't help the original poster
Kahedron
Last edited by Serpent_Steve 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

thanks a lot for the clarification. :)
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”