Will Kenrith Emblems + Pact of Negation question

Locked Previous topicNext topic
Jonas Ukulore
Rowley Birkin, QC fan.
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Jonas Ukulore » 4 years ago

Player A controls Will Kenrith and has made two emblems* with it.
He counters a spell with Pact of Negation. The emblems create two copies of the Pact of Negation.
He has only the means of paying for one during his next upkeep. Does he lose to the 2nd and 3rd pact, or can he make the copies counter one another?

* I'm sorry - not sure how to put an image of the emblem here.

Accepted Answer

by Nylon » 4 years ago
He can make all the copies target the same spell. One of the copies will resolve first, countering the spell and creating the lose the game trigger. Then the other copy will fail to resolve because its only target is no longer on the stack, having been countered by the first copy. Then the original Pact will also fail to resolve for the same reason, so in the end you will only have to pay once.
Go to full post
Commanders:
WB Psycho Cultleader BWGU Deranged Boy and Dental Imagination UG
WUB Creepy Girl BUWURG Big Thing GRUWUB Your Deck = My Deck BUW
WG Hatebear Angel GWWBR Bounty-filled Pillowfort RBW

Nylon
Answers: 1

Post by Nylon » 4 years ago

He can make all the copies target the same spell. One of the copies will resolve first, countering the spell and creating the lose the game trigger. Then the other copy will fail to resolve because its only target is no longer on the stack, having been countered by the first copy. Then the original Pact will also fail to resolve for the same reason, so in the end you will only have to pay once.

VirgilKaineisthename

Post by VirgilKaineisthename » 4 years ago

Haaaa Jonas Ukulore my dear friend and opponent: eat this ! Make my day Nylon

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Please don't use Rulings for dunking on your friends when a ruling goes against them. Locked since answered correctly.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Locked Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”