Pariah's Shield and Leyline of Punishment

DementedKirby
Pronoun: he / him

Post by DementedKirby » 4 years ago

Leyline of Punishment says that "damage can't be prevented". However, Pariah's Shield says that any damage dealt to you is dealt to target creature, instead. So, what happens? Does Leyline of Punishment allow the creature equipped with Pariah's Shield to take the damage I'd receive, or am I unable to redirect the damage?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
There's no interaction here; Pariah's Shield functions as normal. Causing damage to be dealt to something that it originally would not have been dealt to is not preventing it.
Go to full post
My YouTube Channel:
The Commander Tavern
- a channel I just started where I'll post content like deck techs and gameplays.
Please support by checking it out. Maybe you'll like its content and subscribe! Thanks!

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

There's no interaction here; Pariah's Shield functions as normal. Causing damage to be dealt to something that it originally would not have been dealt to is not preventing it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”