Reflect damage question

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

Making sure it if it works but I'm almost certain it does

Can Reflect damage slip past the shroud and hexproof stuff since it doesn't have the word target

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
Yes, Reflect Damage has no interaction with either shroud or hexproof, they are simply irrelevant to it.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Yes, Reflect Damage has no interaction with either shroud or hexproof, they are simply irrelevant to it.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

CommanderMaster999

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 4 years ago

That's what I thought thanks

peteroupc
Answers: 31

Post by peteroupc » 4 years ago

Reflect Damage doesn't target anything because Reflect Damage's Oracle text doesn't identify anything with the word "target" or use a keyword that does so (C.R. 115.1a, 115.10a, 108.1). This is not necessarily the case, however, with all spells and abilities whose text was formerly as printed with the word "redirect" but not the word "target" (e.g., compare Shaman en-Kor's text as printed in Stronghold with its Oracle text) (C.R. 108.1).

See also this thread, which you may have posted as well.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”