K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth and Transcendance

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Okay, so let's say I have K'rrik, Son of Yawgmoth and Transcendance both out and I pay life for a black effect, let's use Pestilence as an example here. I use K'rrik's ability to pay 2 life for 1 black mana and one activation of Pestilence.

I'm not really sure what would happen here, could anyone clarify for me?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 4 years ago
Transcendence's ability triggers when you pay the life to activate the Pestilence ability and again when you're dealt damage by that ability. All in all you gain 6 life when those triggered abilities resolve for a net of 3 higher life.
Go to full post
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 125
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 4 years ago

Transcendence's ability triggers when you pay the life to activate the Pestilence ability and again when you're dealt damage by that ability. All in all you gain 6 life when those triggered abilities resolve for a net of 3 higher life.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

DrSeaMonster
Pronoun: they / them

Post by DrSeaMonster » 4 years ago

Yeah, that makes sense. Thanks!

Now to see if I can do anything with this information...
Abzan aligned, Timmy/Johnny with a Vorthos activated ability.

Commander decks: Karador. Riku. Savra. Vorosh. Teysa Karlov. Kaalia, Zenith Seeker.
Balthor the Defiled. Radha, Heir to Keld. Nath. Saheeli, the Gifted. Zurgo Helmsmasher.
Samut, Voice of Dissent. Grimgrin. Ertai, the Corrupted. Nicol Bolas, the Ravager. Elsha.
Glissa, the Traitor. Chainer, Nightmare Adept. Obosh. Nethroi. Konrad. Kros. Karametra.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”