Syr Konrad and MDFC Commanders

Nimbaway
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Nimbaway » 2 years ago

Looking to get some clarification or rather confirmation on this matter, as I am currently building a Syr Konrad, the Grim deck and this situation is bound to occur at some point with it certainly becoming a point of discussion on the table.

Situation
Esika, God of the Tree // The Prismatic Bridge is on the table as the Prismatic Bridge and the card is being used as my opponent's commander. The bridge gets destroyed while Syr Konrad, the Grim is on the table. Now I understand the part that when it goes to the graveyard it is still considered to be an enchantment and won't be triggering Syr Konrad. Once in there it is considered to be the face side of the card, being Esika, God of the Tree.

The question is whether or not this happens before my opponent gets to choose if it goes back to the Command Zone or after? Seeing that this might determine if Syr Konrad triggers.

WizardMN
Answers: 124

Post by WizardMN » 2 years ago

You are correct that it won't trigger Konrad when it dies since it was an enchantment when that happened. However, it is never an enchantment in the yard. So, it goes to the yard and immediately only Esika exists. Konrad, and every player, only see Esika in the graveyard so if they choose to move it to the command zone, it will be a creature card leaving the graveyard and Konrad triggers.

Nimbaway

Post by Nimbaway » 2 years ago

Apparently re-reading the card helps as well, because Konrad doesn't check other player's graveyards for creatures leaving so if it's my opponents Commander then it wouldn't trigger at that point either way.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”