Dealing zero damage still damage?

darrenhabib
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by darrenhabib » 3 years ago

If I have Jaya, Venerated Firemage and Jeska, Thrice Reborn in play, can I activate Jeska for -x as zero and "deal" zero damage up to 3 different targets and then Jaya would add an additional plus 1 to those 3 targets, therefore dealing 1 damage to each target?

The wording on Jaya says "If another red source you control would deal damage to a permanent or player" so it then becomes a case of is dealing zero damage considered dealing damage?

Accepted Answer

by void_nothing » 3 years ago
No, zero damage is indeed no damage at all. You can't replace an event that does not happen with Jaya.

Jeska doesn't distribute damage in the way Pyrotechnics for example does. Her loyalty ability deals the same (X) damage to each target.
Go to full post

void_nothing
Look On My Sash...
Answers: 124
Pronoun: he / him

Post by void_nothing » 3 years ago

No, zero damage is indeed no damage at all. You can't replace an event that does not happen with Jaya.

Jeska doesn't distribute damage in the way Pyrotechnics for example does. Her loyalty ability deals the same (X) damage to each target.
Psst, check the second page of Custom Card Contests & Games! Because of the daily contests, a lot of games fall down to there.

The greatest (fake) pro wrestling on the internet - Collaborative Create-A-Booster - My random creations (updated regularly)

Important Facts: Colorless is not a color, Wastes is not a land type, Changeling is not a creature type

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Rulings”