Orzhov Auras

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 2 years ago

Submitted for your consideration. I play it in leagues and it holds its own.

Note: Adanto Vanguard outperforms Sram 9 times out of 10 so, Sram down to a singleton.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

Tags:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

Adanto Vanguard and the eidolon seem to be the important creatures in this deck - getting 2 for 1'd is the main problem of aura decks.. and the vanguard and eidolon sort of neutralize that problem.

not much to suggest as the deck seems solid already.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

The eidolon and Alseid are somewhat disposable lightning rods that you expect to get popped so something else can live. The real workhorses are Lagonna and Adanto backed up by Karametra. Deck takes patience, you must not over commit. The whole plan is to protect a huge guy, and Adanto helps a ton. Sure, there are plenty of exile effects in the format, so this is in no way impervious to all harm. But with Karametra and Alseid to help...
Robert Leva

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

if the deck can do a tiny splash of green. Then Gladecover Scout and Jungleborn Pioneer could be added. The scout is hexproof, and the pioneer create a hexproof token which can then be safely enchanted with multiple auras. The pioneer is also two bodies, so it's sort of a protection as well against decks with creature sacrifice spells.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

Jungle is too high to play with Lurrus but Gladecover is actually worth considering. I will take a look at it.
Robert Leva

robertleva

Yeah...
I just dropped black altogether and now using 4x Gladecover instead of Eidolon. Also testing Sixth Sense over cartouche.

T1 hexproofer to build on is a huge boost. This basically feels like Modern Blouses and it seems OP in Pioneer.
Robert Leva

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

the scout is a staple in Modern Bogles. Glad to know she also kicks butt here in pioneer.

only thing we have to worry about are board wipes and sac effects. But those should not be plentiful in this format.

robertleva

I ended up going back to BW, the green didnt pan out. The Eidolon is more crucial than I anticipated. For example an eidolon + 1 etheral armor is a 3/4, on a gladecover its just a 2/2. I ended up having a big problem actually making big creatures.
Robert Leva

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”