Rakdos

ascribe
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by ascribe » 4 years ago

I played something similar to this back in standard. I have updated and improved some of the cards and the comments about Heart of Kiran inspired me to post.

This leaves me with four free slots and my considerations include:

Rampaging Ferocidon
Weldfast Engineer (Heart turn 2, this turn 3 swing 6 is some good)
Aethersphere Harvester
Chandra, Torch of Defiance
or the last Heart of Kiran

My goal is to have cheap, efficient beaters, most of which can crew up Heart of Kiran. When I played this in standard, the games where I saw Heart and Scrapheap Scrounger saw my winning percentage skyrocket. I think the legendary drawback is offset by how good Heart is. Furthermore, Forerunner of Slaughter can give our freshly returned Scrapheap Scroungers or newly cast Heart of Kiran haste for 1, giving an element of surprise.

Some tertiary thoughts for card advantage include:
Light Up The Stage
Ruin Raider
Glint-Sleeve Siphoner
but I'm not sure I want to mess around with that.

The upgrades from when I played this in standard are Thoughtseize and Bonecrusher Giant. It may also be more correct to run burn instead of the Fatal Pushes to provide us some reach.

Is anyone else ending up here? I plan to play Saturday night in our local Pioneer tournament and will certainly report back my results!

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

Sign in Blood is good for card draw if your manabase can afford double black. Also can be used to shoot an opponent who is down to 1 or 2 life.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”