Abzan Midrange / Junk / Siege Rhino is love, Siege Rhino is Life

Moris
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Moris » 4 years ago

Hi guys, we can use this topic to share our ideas and developing of Abzan Midrange.

This is the first decklist I'll try, of course we shall expect some bans in the formats and there still aren't decks to beat, so many changes will come.

Since there isn't a metagame, the sideabord is a mere excercise at the moment.

Abzan - 24 October 2019

Last edited by Moris 4 years ago, edited 2 times in total.

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 4 years ago

Needs moar 'saur!

Rotting Regisaur. This is one of the best creatures in the format for Midrangey type fair things. Eats your Rhinos all day long and asks for seconds.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

Moris

Post by Moris » 4 years ago

robertleva wrote:
4 years ago
Needs moar 'saur!

Rotting Regisaur. This is one of the best creatures in the format for Midrangey type fair things. Eats your Rhinos all day long and asks for seconds.
Actually I see the dino in a more aggro shell where you wanna stomp and win the game quickly, no matter the card disadvantage.
If you wanna play a grindy deck probably it's not the best tool imho.

NZB2323

Post by NZB2323 » 4 years ago

DRS isn't that good without fetches. He's a sideboard card in this format. I would also say that these cards are good to consider:
Current Decks
rg Morophon, the infinite Kavu Eowyn, human tribal Legolas, voltron control Wb Tymna/Ravos cleric tribal Neheb, Chicago Bulls tribal Ug Edric pauper

Retired Decks
Edgar Markov Kaalia, angel board wipes Ghen, prison Captain Sisay Ub Nymris, draw go Sarulf, voltron control Niv-Mizzet, combo Winota Sidisi, Zombie Tribal

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 4 years ago

I feel like a lot of people missed how awesome reggie is in modern because of the "drawback". I could describe at length why you shouldnt worry about it, but most likely those who have already made up their minds in Modern won't change now. I will then say good luck to you sir and good day. :pokerface:
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong

Post by Arkmer » 4 years ago

Rotting Regisaur makes The Great Henge "free" on T4. Seems good enough for Pioneer, seems like something this deck might want to be doing.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 4 years ago

would Tireless Tracker still work well even without fetch lands?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”