Challenger Spirits Deck

pzbw7z
Pronoun: he / him

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

Hi folks,

Not much to see here. I just wanted to see if it might be worthwhile to buy two of these things - the price tool is SO handy!. The extra Brazen Borrower would be handy along with a Spell Queller (I've already got one) and the Selfless Spirit, but it seems to be just a little short in value. Perhaps there will be a deal online that would make it worth doing.

I do plan to get one as it is remarkably close to playable as is and I have most of the stuff needed to tune it up for both Pioneer and Modern.

Anyone playing Spirits in either format?

Tags:

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

the nice part about the pioneer challenger decks is that they're really close to complete decks right out of the box. buying 2 copies of it would give you full sets of most of the cards that don't come 4 of inside 1. Although it might just be cheaper to buy the remaining cards you'd need

pzbw7z

Post by pzbw7z » 2 years ago

The main-deck is pretty close to the popular Pioneer Bant Spirits deck, but the latter doesn't run any Brazen Borrowers, so buying two of the former just gets one the missing Mausoleum Wanderers and Spell Quellers. That's roughly ten dollars in value. An extra Selfless Spirit is in the 'board usually, so that's another $8-$9 in value. It should be said that the Borrower's would make reasonably good trade bait.

If I didn't already have the Skyclave Apparitions and most of the lands needed, I don't think I would consider even one Challenger Deck but it is a really good start. Now if Pioneer would just come back from the dead around home. :)

motleyslayer

Post by motleyslayer » 2 years ago

that's also pretty true, a lot of the stuff you'd need to finish the deck is pretty cheap. I'm oping the challenger decks renew interest in pioneer as well

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Developing”