Overrun effect in pioneer

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

Hi, looking for "overrun" kind of cards in Pioneer. Overrun is not legal here, so I'm looking for substitute. Currently using End-Raze Forerunners. Are there other cards here in pioneer with a similar effect?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

Not really any overrun effects in Pioneer unless you are running Elves. Garruk Wildspeaker would be nice but he isnt legal. Vivien, Arkbow Ranger does a mini overrun with her +1. Vivien is a great card in general so I would suggest testing her.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

thanks for the suggest. Will try her in my rg dinosaurs, the second ability can also deal with fliers, which is another thing the deck sometimes has problems with.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

EonAon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by EonAon » 3 years ago

Overcome Storm the Citadel the trade off of not being Overrun is either you have trample and +2 or you dont get trample and get +3
Overwhelm doable if you token enough
Joraga Invocation this one I wouldn't play since while it can work it really depends on the base creatures stats
Klothys's Design VERY workable but one you need a lot of base green to leverage
Strength of the Pack not technically a overun since it is not giving trample but still playable or even more playable in some decks

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

thanks for the added suggestions. The power level of pioneer is lower than modern, so one of these might be usable for me someday.

Overcome feels like a watered down overrun.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pioneer”