[Official] Pioneer Prices Discussion

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
@motleyslayer

80$ is too much. Uro is only 60$ near mint on scg, 70$ for foil.

https://starcitygames.com/uro-titan-of- ... B-229-ENN1

could be cheaper on other places too.
my problem with shopping on American sites is that unless I'm using store credit I have through various means (CFB Pro etc) is that I'd have to deal with conversion from CAD to USD. So I'll probably check other Canadian sites too. This might be my time to find a few for my collection.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by The Fluff » 3 years ago

ah, I see..

well, not sure if Tcgplayer is american or canadian.. but have you tried that site? There are sometimes vendors there that sell for really cheap.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

Post by robertleva » 3 years ago

8/15 Pioneer Challenge: 19 - Temur Reclamation won
Mono-Green Devotion 4
Esper Control 3
BTL Niv-Mizzet 2
Jeskai Fires 2
Azorius Spirits
Bant Spirits
Grixis Fires
Jund Sacrifice
Lotus Field
Mono-Black Aggro
Naya Prowess
Temur Reclamation
Interesting results. The last 2 challenges have been very different and very diverse. Awesome format meta imo.
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

that's a diverse selection of decks indeed. Perhaps an effect of the recent bannings.

is this pioneer challenge done online, or is it a paper tournament?
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

robertleva

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
that's a diverse selection of decks indeed. Perhaps an effect of the recent bannings.

is this pioneer challenge done online, or is it a paper tournament?
oops meant this for state of pioneer. Yes this was an online Challenge event.
Robert Leva

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

somehow, Chord of Calling is already below 3 dollars. I remember this card to be 17-20 dollars sometime ago.. what could have happened?

glad it has decreased so much. Can finally get a copy now. :)

motleyslayer
Pronoun: he / him

Post by motleyslayer » 3 years ago

The Fluff wrote:
3 years ago
somehow, Chord of Calling is already below 3 dollars. I remember this card to be 17-20 dollars sometime ago.. what could have happened?

glad it has decreased so much. Can finally get a copy now. :)
I'll probably get myself a set at that price. The price is probably due to it not being play as much in modern anymore if I'm correct

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

you're probably right.

already ordered one but thinking of getting a playset as well. After so many years in mtg, it's the first time I will be able to play this awesome card. It's simply amazing in an elf deck.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

surprised that Mana Confluence is now a 20 dollar card. I guess good sources of multicolor mana are not many in pioneer.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Why is Brimaz, King of Oreskos a 12-15 dollar card. Is he played somewhere in pioneer, or the demand is somewhere else?

drmarkb

Post by drmarkb » 3 years ago

Manaconfluenxe has huge demand from 5c 100 card formats.
Additionally, Rainbow Depths in Legacyuses 4, and it is one if the few decks that is multi coloured to not use duals.
Finally Pioneer has pressure on multi lands as it lacks the fetch engines.
The box promo reprint was in foil, which a lot if people eschew because the foil quality is awful and foils are not ideal for people thinking of comp rel.
In the UK Confluence is closer to 20 gbp, which says something.

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

guess I got lucky to be able to get one for much less years ago, also regretting that did not buy more than one. Did not get more because that time it feels that the confluence is only functional reprint of City of Brass.. however, in pioneer.. City of Brass is not legal.. which is another reason the confluence shot up in price. Well, hindsight is always 20/20.

robertleva

I was drafting regularly during khans and I ended up with a bunch of paper mana confluences. Ironically I have only 1 online lol.
Robert Leva

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

nice, you're so lucky to get a bunch of them.

another question, need opinion on this. Is Vivien, Monster's Advocate going to increase in price, or would it go down?

is she used a lot in standard?

robertleva

I dont know about prices but I can tell you I LOVE Viv in my green ramp deck. I dumped Nissa Shakes the world completely for her. The tokens get overwhelming right away. NIssa I felt was win more where as Vivien actually establishes a board they cant deal with easily.
Robert Leva

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

ok, thanks. That encouraged me to at least try her out in pioneer elves. And maybe also in my pioneer dinos, as there are plenty creatures there as well. :)

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pioneer”