What reprints would you put in Pioneer Horizons?

robertleva
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by robertleva » 2 years ago

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Sinkhole
I mean...how about Brainstorm and Dark Ritual too?!
Robert Leva
Creator of Modern's 8Rack Deck

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Post by The Fluff » 2 years ago

Legend wrote:
2 years ago
Sinkhole
why not Necropotence as well?

although seriously now.. the reason asked for path to exile, is because most of my pioneer decks are splashing black for the sake of having decent removal. Black has fatal push, cast down.. and many others. Most battles between my decks and cousins are tribal creature brawls.. and removal is prized for removing lords, utility creatures, huge creatures, etc. :halo:
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

Brion Stoutarm.. this guy is 4 cmc, and the power level does not feel too strong for pioneer.
AnimEVO 2020 - EFZ Tournament (english commentary) // Clearing 4 domain with Qiqi
want to play a uw control deck in modern, but don't have Jace or snapcaster? please come visit us at the Emeria thread

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Arkmer » 2 years ago

Gigadrowse, lol. I'm over here trying to build bad Modern decks and I want to EoT Gigadrowse my opponent's board and make 12 Pest tokens with a pair of Sedgemoor Witch but I don't think it's Modern viable. Basically I think Replicate for that cheap is pretty funny with Magecraft. Shattering Spree is the only other one that would provide such an easily boosted effect but that's far more narrow and a sorcery. What I'm trying to do in Modern in just nuke my opponent with Professor Onyx. Bring Gigadrowse to Pioneer and suddenly I can just do it in an easier format! :rofl:

The Fluff
Le fou, c'est moi

but it's fun to build bad decks, and they do still win sometimes. ;)

Arkmer
Opinionated and Wrong
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Arkmer » 2 years ago

I mean, I'm still going to try it in Modern. Gigadrowse just prevents most of the counter fight that might happen on my turn. I can't decide on colors though. Green gets me Wilderness Reclamation, White gets me Clever Lumimancer and a better control suite, Red gets me Kommand. I just want to play everything.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Pioneer”