[XLN-M19] WRx Feather

Mimicvat
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Mimicvat » 4 years ago

Feather decks are pretty popular at the moment, and since this is a new forum I figured we needed a place to talk about them.

I've been having success running Feather + Black, which I picked up from Jim Davis who got it from user Pilototo who went 5-0 with it on MTGO.

His version;
Sideboard
Approximate Total Cost:

Black adds Sorin, Dreadhorde Butcher, and Angrath's Rampage. Sorin is a very strong card in the deck. Lifelink can turn the corner against faster aggro or burn decks, and usually by T4 you have something in the bin that he can reanimate. Sorin → Reanimate haste creature → swing is a pretty strong turn 4 sequence.

Butchers are hasty threats that spiral out of control. I find myself sometimes edicting their blockers just so I can get in with this guy. He gives the deck a pretty explosive option but is weaker if he can't connect.

Angrath's Rampage is super clutch in certain matches, mainly anything with a nasty planeswalker. I've edicted Nissa so many times and it never gets old. It's also been useful against the big green decks, if you reckless rage their various small dudes but they drop Nullhide Ferox or some such. I've found the planeswalker kill to be the most relevant, as most of the creature decks I've faced personally have had a wide board with fodder for sacrifice.

I run a slightly budget version of the featured deck, swapping out Sorin #3 and Dreadhorde Arcanist #3 & #4 for Judith, the Scourge Diva, Tajic, Legion's Edge, and Krenko, Tin Street Kingpin. Judith has some game in this deck and can push through damage or ping x/1 after an attack, she has won me a few rounds and might have a place in the deck when I finish it. Tajic is less good, but his mentor is nice with Krenko or Butchers and the damage negation lets cards other than Tenth Street Legionnaire take the damage from Reckless Rage without keeling over. Krenko is mostly average, I imagine he might be better as another Legion Warboss, but still waiting to pull one.

I also swapped the Adanto Vanguards for two Gutterbones and a Dauntless Bodyguard. I got sick of playing nothing on turn 1, and found myself preferring the haste 2-drops and they work well with a 2-power 1-drop.

I've found it a good deck for ranking up in Bo1. In Bo3 I'm concerned about its chances against all in Esper Control type decks. Bringing in some Duresses while they board out the irrelevant answers and bring in more cravings and wraths? Not liking the odds there.
Currently building: ww Bruna, the Fading Light (card advantage tribal / reanimator)
Main decks;
r Neheb, Big Red Champion g Yeva's Mono Green Control, b Ayara's Aristocrats rb Greven, Predator Captain the One Punch Man, ugw Derevri, Empirical Tactician Aggro,rwbu Tymna & Kraum's Saboteurs, wbg Kondo & Tymna's Hatebears wugTuvasa's Silver Bullets, urBrudiclad does Brudiclad thingsgubSidisi, Brood Tyrant (lantern control)

hoser2
Pronoun: he / him

Post by hoser2 » 4 years ago

I've been playing Boros Feather based on this Reddit post. I found the post quite informative, but obviously somewhat dated at this point.

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Archives”