Pronoun: he / him

Post by Noir » 4 years ago

sorin

Orzhov Vampires
Approximate Total Cost:

Sideboard
Approximate Total Cost:

Other Cards to Consider
Last edited by Noir 4 years ago, edited 1 time in total.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

I have a Sanctum Seeker to beat Nexus decks. Their fogs are useless agaisnt it. I use the Deathtouch 1 drop Vampire, i think its pretty good.

Noir

RedCheese wrote:
4 years ago
I have a Sanctum Seeker to beat Nexus decks. Their fogs are useless agaisnt it. I use the Deathtouch 1 drop Vampire, i think its pretty good.
Good call on the Seeker vs Nexus, I haven't played against many of those yet myself. I haven't tested Vampire of the Dire Moon yet myself but glad to hear you've found success with her I will have to give her a go.

RedCheese

Post by RedCheese » 4 years ago

Need to try out the Ajani tough, forgot about him. Seems great in this type of deck.

I like Vampire of the Dire Moon because your opponent is csared to attack your walkers because of it, kinda like the Knight with open mana.

benjameenbear

Post by benjameenbear » 4 years ago

Good decklist. It's resilient and has a suprising amount of Mid/Late game presence. I play a Jeskai control deck, and if I don't draw a Deafening Clarion at the right time I can die super fast before I've impacted the board at all.

How does it do against Mono-Red?

Noir

Monored varies. If you get a quick hand it can just be a race and surprisingly Adanto vanguard is really good against them. I like war sorin in this match up a lot due to the Lifelink as well. If we don’t get removal for the steam kin’s we are in trouble tho.

nobody

Post by nobody » 4 years ago

I play a similar version of the deck on arena except its mono black with a blood for bones package.

Noir

Looks like two vampire lists made the top 8 at SCG this weekend http://www.starcitygames.com/decks/130885 I will have to try a Vona main board as well as the Vicious Conquistadors.

Noir

Update for FNM 7/19-

Went 3-0 with the deck! Faced off against a gateshift deck that just didn't work well so it was basically a free win. Second round against Feather and this match-up is really tough! You have to play around the combat tricks and Dreadhorde Arcanist is just insane value wise against our weenies. Luckily I was able to pull thru, sideboarded noxious grasps and duress. Playing more of a controlly game definitely helped stave off their rush. Overall won both games and I think it was mainly my luck and the lack of theirs. It could have gone either way and I'm super scared about facing this deck! Third round was against Esper Hero and I totally crushed them. As long as you are super fast in the start it's an easy match-up. Post board they bring in more board hate but with our Duresses, Noxious Grasps and Desparks we have all the answers.

Overall I am loving this deck how it is now. Can't wait to play more!

Noir

Played my last standard fnm with this deck and went undefeated again, haven't lost a single fnm with this list and I really loved the deck. Well time to say goodbye to it and on to new things - Knights!

Mods can you archive this deck since it will be rotating in a week? Thanks!

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Archives”