Kaldheim Baseless Speculation thread.

Ginuqu
Pronoun: they / them

Post by Ginuqu » 3 years ago

truly baseless speculation: Zombie Infestation will be in this set! I just have that feeling
sorta mad at magic right now

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon
Pronoun: he / him

Post by Krishnath » 3 years ago

SecretInfiltrator wrote:
3 years ago
Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
I am honestly thinking they'll use batching to make Warriors, Barbarians, and Berserkers count as Vikings. And I am saying this as a Scandinavian.
While not impossible that would mean that they would plan to put all three creature types into the set and I don't even know whether they get supported. Actually, a quick search suggests that they haven't printed a new Barbarian since Coldsnap and Berserkers are also very few and far in-between if they want to feature them at number and as a theme soon.

Batching Barbarians and Berserkers into Warriors doesn't make sense if they just could change the creature type of the two Berserkers they would have otherwise printed to Warrior and get the same result without batching.

The only thing that might encourage returning Barbarian as a type is the upcoming D&D-set. I still wouldn't bet on it.
A Norse based set without a few Berserkers doesn't actually make sense. It is one of the things Vikings were famous for after all, and several of the people they interacted with in Europe (outside of the Roman Empire of course) were Barbarian tribes, most notably the Germanic and Goth tribes of what is today Germany and the northern parts of Eastern Europe, and of course the Celts of the British Isles. Heck, even the Vikings themselves were considered Barbarians by the Romans.
Numquam evolutioni obstes. Solum conculceris.

Pascite draconem, evolvite aut morimini.

The Commander Legacy Project, Come say hello and give your thoughts.

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

SecretInfiltrator
Pronoun: they / them

Post by SecretInfiltrator » 3 years ago

Krishnath wrote:
3 years ago
several of the people they interacted with in Europe (outside of the Roman Empire of course) were Barbarian tribes, most notably the Germanic and Goth tribes of what is today Germany and the northern parts of Eastern Europe, and of course the Celts of the British Isles. Heck, even the Vikings themselves were considered Barbarians by the Romans.
So clearly we had Barbarians in Celtic-inspired Lorwyn? If the creature type is not featured any more, then it is unlikely to return in a sufficient number right now (due to party) - unless, again, they plan to bring it back for the D&D crossover.

I'm certain in a vacuum a lot of more things seem likely. In an absolute vacuum I could see a Barbarian/Berserker/Warrior batching for exactly the reason you mention.

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

Lorwyn was inspired by Celtic Myth, not really the Celts themselves (and it was a really poor representation of Celtic myth at that, if it had been closer to the source material the Giants would have been black aligned. Lorwyn was more fairy tales but without the humans, with Kithkin standing in. Possibly one of the many reasons that it wasn't a success. Eldraine was a much better representation of the fairy tale world.)

Like to read? Love books and want to recommend one to your fellow forum users? Go here.

CommanderMaster999
Pronoun: Unlisted

Post by CommanderMaster999 » 3 years ago

https://www.southernhobby.com/advanced_ ... es+Wave+14
this is not a leak they come out before spoiler season even starts

these figures confirm some creature types

God (as the most speculated ofcoarse)
wolf
Serpent
Dwarf
Cleric
Elf
Shapeshifter

notice the wolf and serpent are referenced as Cosmo

Krishnath
Mechanical Dragon

CommanderMaster999 wrote:
3 years ago
https://www.southernhobby.com/advanced_ ... es+Wave+14
this is not a leak they come out before spoiler season even starts

these figures confirm some creature types

God (as the most speculated ofcoarse)
wolf
Serpent
Dwarf
Cleric
Elf
Shapeshifter

notice the wolf and serpent are referenced as Cosmo
The Wolf and Serpent are references to Fenrir and Jurmungand respectively, nice.

Also, Jace (Boo!), Nahiri (Hiss!), and Kaya (Yay!).

Edit: Although it is possible that the Jace and Nahiri are referring to the Zen rising, or that the three walkers are there as filler. As the previous miniatures set contained representations of characters from as far back as the last three Ravnica sets as well as characters from Zendikar.

dangerousdice

Post by dangerousdice » 3 years ago

heres a ragnarok mechanic I remember seeing awhile ago:
ragnarok - if a player controls 7 lands, [effect]

Post Reply Previous topicNext topic

Return to “Baseless Speculation”